Festival’s submissions are open to films applying all animation techniques, including combinations with live action and documentary. Over 50% of the production must be animated, and the Festival reserves the right to determine whether an entry qualifies as animation.
Films should be completed after 1 January 2017. Films entered for previous festival will not be taken into consideration.
Short films (maximum running time 30 minutes) can be submitted to following competition categories:
1. Short Animated Films – Short-format, non-commisioned animated films or videos.
2. Animated Films for Children – Animated works produced and distributed specifically for children audience. When a serial is the case, only one episode is eligible.
3. Animated Music Videos – Official music videos, commissioned animated videos made specifically to promote music pieces.
4. Animated commercials – Commisioned and aplied animation in the field of advertising or promotion.
5. Student Short Animated Films – Short-format, non-commisioned students animated films or videos.
The Festival reserves the right to determine whether an entry qualifies for the chosen competition category. There is no entry fee. Online entry forms are available on the official Festival website: www.supertoonfestival.com
Submission deadline is March 1, 2019.
The Festival does not pay screening fees for the works selected for the competition programs.
‣ For each film the applicant is required to fill out a separate online entry form and submit a preview screener of the film.
‣ The online application should contain additional materials: director’s photograph; 3 still images from the film (min. 300 dpi); dialogue list in English.
‣ The submitted work must be in the final edited version.
‣ Unfinished films will not be taken into consideration.
‣ Films with dialogue or narration in languages other than English should have English subtitles. Films with dialogue or narration in English are recommended to be entered with a screener with English subtitles.
‣ A preview screener can be submitted:
1. Online – entering a link and a password for download in the online application form or send by “we transfer”. Preview screener must be available for download until March 31, 2019.
Preview screener of the film, DVD or digital file with the following technical specifications:
Format: Quicktime or MPEG4; Codec: H264; FPS: Native;
Resolution:1920×1080; bitrate: max. 10000kbit/s.
Films with dialogues or narration in languages other than English must have integrated English subtitles.
Film selection is carried out by the Artistic Director in collaboration with selected professionals. Their duty is to preview each work entered on time and decide upon final film selection. The list of films selected for the competition programs will be announced on the Festival’s official website not later than 31 March 2019. All applicants will be notified regarding the selection results. Each director whose film is chosen for the official festival program will be contacted by the Festival management for hospitality arrangements.
The Festival reserves the right to refuse a screening copy of dubious technical condition that may cause problems during the screening. Films with dialogues or narration in languages other than English must have integrated English subtitles.
Members of the international juries of the Short Films Competition, Students Short Films Competition, Animated Music Videos Competition and Animated commercials Competition are proposed by the Artistic Director and approved by the Festival Council. Films for Children Competition jury consists of five children age 6 to 14.
Each applicant declares to be the author or rights owner of the submitted film(s) and to own all literary, dramatic and musical rights. The producers and directors of award-winning films should mention the name of the prize, the year and the name of the Festival (Supertoon – International Animation Festival) in all promotional materials for the film. Preview screeners of the films will not be returned, but will be included in the Festival’s library. The Festival reserves the right to use the films for strictly non-commercial, educational purposes. The Festival has the right to use all materials related to the submission as well as a film excerpt up to 10 per cent of the total length of the film that will not exceed more than 3 minutes for promotional purposes.
Participation in the Festival, and its film submission process, implies acceptance, without reservation, to the terms of the present regulations. An entry form is valid without a signature and a seal.